Sunglasses Shapes to Suit Every Face
Sunglasses not only protect your eyes from harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays, but they also enhance your style and add a touch of sophistication to your overall look. However, choosing the right frame shape for different face shapes can sometimes be a daunting task. Fear not, young fashion enthusiasts, as we have compiled a guide to help you find the perfect sunglasses shape to suit your face.
1. Round Faces:
If you have a round face, your face is characterized by equal width and length, with soft features and curved lines. To complement your face shape, it is best to opt for angular and geometric frames that will add structure and definition.
– Wayfarer: This classic shape has been popular for decades and suits almost every face shape, including round faces. The sharp angles of the frame counterbalance the roundness of your face, providing a sleek and flattering look.
– Square: Square frames, with their straight lines and bold structure, are a great choice for round faces. These frames add a touch of angularity to your soft features, giving your face a more defined and chiseled appearance.
– Cat-eye: The upswept corners of cat-eye sunglasses create a lifted effect, which is ideal for round faces. These frames add an interesting focal point to your face, emphasizing your eyes and cheekbones.
2. Square Faces:
If you have a square face shape, your jawline, cheekbones, and forehead are of similar width. To soften your features and create balance, opt for sunglasses that are round or oval in shape.
– Aviator: The iconic aviator shape, with its curved lens and teardrop design, is a perfect match for square faces. The rounded edges of these sunglasses help to contrast the sharpness of your face, making it appear more harmonious.
– Round: Round frames are a natural fit for square-shaped faces. Choose frames that are slightly wider than your face to minimize any pronounced angles and to create a more balanced overall look.
– Oversized: Square faces look fabulous with oversized sunglasses. These frames provide a touch of drama and add softer curves to your face, creating a striking contrast with your angular features.
In addition to the suggested frame shapes for different face types, there are a few general guidelines to keep in mind:
– Proportions: The size of the sunglasses should be proportionate to your face size. It is essential to strike a balance between frames that overpower your face and those that are too small to provide adequate protection.
– Bridge: Consider the position and shape of the bridge of the sunglasses. Ensure it fits comfortably on your nose and does not rest too high or too low on your face.
– Skin undertone: Pay attention to the color of the frame, as it should complement your skin undertones. Warmer complexions usually pair well with earthy tones, while cooler tones can experiment with jewel tones and metallic frames.
Now that you have a better understanding of sunglasses shapes that suit your face type, you are ready to rock the latest eyewear trends with confidence. Remember, sunglasses are not just an accessory; they are an expression of your personal style and a crucial element in protecting your eyes. So go ahead and find the perfect pair that will highlight your best features and make heads turn wherever you go.